Help, I am so new at this ....

Got comments, questions, or tips about any of the shields listed on ShieldList.org? Post them here!
avihud

Help, I am so new at this ....

Post by avihud » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:45 am

Got an IRtemp and a display, How do I connect both?( I would like to show the temp on the screen) it is using the same pins. I have tried to change display pins but got no success. I have found the attached on the web but where are those pins on the LCD?

Thanks for your help
Attachments
temp_schem.png

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Help, I am so new at this ....

Post by jonoxer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 am

It should be possible to change the pin assignments for either the IRTemp module or your display so that they can work together. I don't know what type of display you have, so let's look at changing the IRTemp pins.

If you've installed the IRTemp driver library into the Arduino IDE, you can see an example by opening the IDE and going to File -> Examples -> IRTemp -> readTemperature. Near the top of the example is the pin assignments:

Code: Select all

static const byte PIN_DATA    = 2; // Choose any pins you like for these
static const byte PIN_CLOCK   = 3;
static const byte PIN_ACQUIRE = 4;
Those are the pin assignments used in the Getting Started tutorial for the sensor, but you can change them if necessary. Just move the conflicting connection on your IRTemp module to a different pin on the Arduino, and change the definition as shown above so it matches your new pin selection.