HBRIDGE Dual Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver Shield

Drive a 4-wire bipolar stepper motor or a pair of DC motors from your Arduino. [Product page]
John R

HBRIDGE Dual Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver Shield

Post by John R » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:47 am

Hi All.

So I have mounted my new HBRIDGE Dual Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver Shield to a Freetronics eleven as per the quick start guide. Also loaded the code (copy and paste) from the quick start guide - Freetronics HBRIDGE Motor Driver Shield Quickstart Guide - Controlling A 2-Wire DC Motor.

But no responce from the motor.

The motor looks exactly the same as the one in the quick start pic.
Jumped the motor across motor power pins +ve and -ve on the sheild = check motor is working - all good.

Run blink test on the eleven - all good.

- turns out I bought two H Bridge sheilds at the time; so I swap sheilds run same set up process and test senarios on the second sheild - alas... No joy.

-- probably something simple and obvious... but I can not see it. Can anyone help out please?

thankyou

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: HBRIDGE Dual Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver Shield

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:10 pm

What's the voltage range for your motor?
It needs to be between 8 and 40V DC.

John R

Post by John R » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 am

Hi john b

thankyou for your reply.. looking back at the "Features" on the HBRIDGE Dual Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver Shield page; I now understand what Min8v Max40v 2A peak rating refers to.

I appretiate your help by way of the reply

It has been great fun building my project and learning lots of new stuff using the freetronics gear.

a pic of my project attached ..
6DOF_2..jpg
A 6DOF stewart platform as a proof of concept motion simulator for a moving computor gaming chair.
The unit uses a freetronics 11 fitted with a terminal sheild. There is a second freetronics 11 attached to a 3 axis accelerometer; which is under the hood of the van.

... all with plans to fit project with WiFi sheilds and a real time clock.. the accelerometer calibration unit ( still being built) includes a Hall Effect Proximity Sensor.

and when I started I knew nothing about electronics - - took me two weeks to realise i had flat batteries.... :-)

thankyou

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Wow, congratulations on your progress so far. This is an example of what is possible with electronics and a little research. Well done!