Which bootloader?

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
factotumindustries

Which bootloader?

Post by factotumindustries » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:01 am

Hi everyone. Have been using Eleven's in many of our prototypes for years now and have been very happy.

Sadly it looks like failing to knoll my workbench lead to a stray VCC jumper and a borked Eleven. Suspect dead chip.

Luckily a friend has gifted me some ATmega328P (which already contain the default Uno BL). Am I good to use these or should I be following this guide (http://forum.freetronics.com/viewtopic. ... der#p29873) to be sure?

FYI - Doing this with Windows 10 and a USBtiny ISP.

Thanks!

Brissieboy

Re: Which bootloader?

Post by Brissieboy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:27 am

The Eleven is a Uno clone so the chip with the bootloader should be the way to go. Just try it - nothing to lose.
If it does not programme via the USB port, you could try configuring it as described in the link you mentioned.
If it does not work after that you would appear to have a dead board. Other devices on the Eleven may have been damaged.