EtherTen Pin Reference

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: EtherTen Pin Reference

Post by andrew » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:50 am

pforperry wrote:
johnb wrote:Well done and thank you for sharing :)
Don't forget A6 and A7 are broken out below the MCU.
It feels like Christmas all over again...I had no idea these two little gems existed.

They have just made the following question less important but I still need to ask just in case. Are A4 and A5 still available as inputs when using an I2C device connected to the SDA/SCL pins next to AREF? If not, is there any way to share these pins with say a light sensor module and a 12v battery voltage monitor (via voltage divider) respectively?

I am putting together an analogue hungry project so a couple of extra pins would come in handy.
No the I2C pins next to AREF are connected to A4/A5. Another option is to use an external ADC IC to give yourself more inputs, for example:
MCP3008 gives you eight 10-bit ADCs over SPI bus
PCF8591 gives you four 8-bit ADCs over I2C bus

pforperry

Post by pforperry » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:45 am

Thanks johnb,

I appreciate your help and apologise for the long delay in reply...life just keeps interrupting my projects. An ADC IC is now high on my list of things to add to the project.

As an aside I have just discovered the key matrix of PS2 keyboards. These essentially free digital inputs are a real gift from the electronics gods when it comes to soft touch swiching, does life get any better hahaha.

Kind regards

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:48 pm

pforperry wrote:Thanks johnb,

I appreciate your help and apologise for the long delay in reply...life just keeps interrupting my projects. An ADC IC is now high on my list of things to add to the project.

As an aside I have just discovered the key matrix of PS2 keyboards. These essentially free digital inputs are a real gift from the electronics gods when it comes to soft touch swiching, does life get any better hahaha.

Kind regards
Awesome, have fun :)