How to write data over the Ethernet to a folder

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
Bluewaterguppi

How to write data over the Ethernet to a folder

Post by Bluewaterguppi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am

Hi everyone,

I have finally got my EtherTen to talk to the router and send my temperature and humidity data over the ethernet so that I can view the data in a browser. I was trying to get port forwarding working when the parameters of my project changed. I now need to send the data via the ethernet connection to a folder in a website. To access this folder, I have a login and a password. Has anyone had experience with saving data into a folder that is protected by a login and a password ? I'm way out of my depth now...

Andrew

jebz

Re: How to write data over the Ethernet to a folder

Post by jebz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 am

Bluewaterguppi wrote: I now need to send the data via the ethernet connection to a folder in a website. To access this folder, I have a login and a password. Has anyone had experience with saving data into a folder that is protected by a login and a password ? I'm way out of my depth now...
Andrew
You're going to need to use a ftp client mode on the Arduino to send to the folder on the server. He's some sample code - http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/FTP