2 x Bad Elevens

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
Simmyboo

2 x Bad Elevens

Post by Simmyboo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

Purchased an Eleven From Jaycar yesterday with Following Errors. Took it Back, got another with exaclty the same errors...My Mega works just fine on the same computers.
-Not Blinking upon Powerup (default program).
-Get the following error upon upload "stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"

Have tried 2 computers with the latest Freetronics driver and no luck.

Am I especialy unlucky or is there something I have missed?

Might just take it back and get another Mega

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: 2 x Bad Elevens

Post by angusgr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Simmyboo,

Sorry to hear it's not working.

Is the Mega a Freetronics EtherMega as well?

Are you using Windows? If you open Device Manager on Windows then do you see anything under the "Unknown Devices" when the Eleven is connected? (the [urlhttp://www.freetronics.com/pages/installing-th ... for-window]instructions for opening device manager are here on the driver page[/url].)

Regards.

Angus

Simmyboo

Post by Simmyboo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:40 am

it Turns out I was especially unlucky.

Returned it and got a 3rd Eleven that worked...
Didn't leave the store until I saw it powered up and blinking this time.

This time I picked the one at the back of the Shelve.

The 1st two 'Elevens' were not even Blinking when powered up, (however did show power and Rx LEd would come on when sending Data) apart from that they would not accept a sketch.

Third Time lucky, and project will be done on time.

Beers are open!

(relief)

Coruption

Post by Coruption » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 am

Hello im getting thew same problem with the Eleven.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I think it might be the drivers because I'm using windows 7. I checked out device manger and it says it has not got drivers. I have install the driver software and installed The IDE program. Ive tried the loop back test by connect reset to Ground and TX to Rx, Although its not very specific and i had trouble figuring what side the resets connects to the ground. It did not echo back and was unsuccessful. I'm quickly becoming frustrated and i will take it back if it wont work. But I will wait for a reply thanks.
:?

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Coruption wrote:Hello im getting thew same problem with the Eleven.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I think it might be the drivers because I'm using windows 7. I checked out device manger and it says it has not got drivers. I have install the driver software and installed The IDE program. Ive tried the loop back test by connect reset to Ground and TX to Rx, Although its not very specific and i had trouble figuring what side the resets connects to the ground. It did not echo back and was unsuccessful. I'm quickly becoming frustrated and i will take it back if it wont work. But I will wait for a reply thanks.
:?
If you haven't installed the Freetronics USB drivers as mentioned here:
http://www.freetronics.com/eleven/usbdriver
please do so and then try uploading a sketch.
However if you have the same error after using our drivers, try another USB cable if possible otherwise you can exchange the board. Let us know how you go.