Leostick installation for the first time

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
fred

Leostick installation for the first time

Post by fred » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 am

Hi, I have a problem with installing Leostick for the first time. I downloaded the driver, but when I plug the stick, the system detects it as an Arduino Leonardo & not Freetronics Leostick (in Other Devices in the Device manager screen). I went through all the steps to load the right driver, but no luck. Please help. Thanks

CraigM

Re: Leostick installation for the first time

Post by CraigM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47 am

Hi Fred

After you have loaded the first sketch into the leostick it then appears as an Arduino Leonardo
and you have to load the Arduino Leonardo.inf driver located in the drivers folder of the Arduino IDE. You also have to select Arduino Leonardo as the board type in the IDE to load sketchs.

If you have windows 7 it may not automaticly recognise the Leonardo driver. When you update the driver click on browse my computer,let me pick from list, have disk and then browse to Arduino 1.0.3/drivers/Arduino Leonardo.inf

frank

Re: Leostick installation for the first time

Post by frank » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Thats what I got with my leostick after I rebuilt my PC and the leostick already had a sketch in it. See my post on no leostick driver. It may help you as I put in all the steps I used.