Unable to set RTC now

Our range of tiny modules are designed to make it easy for you to quickly add functionality to your projects. [Module List]
Chris

Unable to set RTC now

Post by Chris » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:07 am

Hi again. I had the clock working fine on a breadboard last night, as it has been for a couple of weeks. I was disconnecting it from the board, nothing else connected, usb and mains, when I touched something and the LCD flashed probably from the Clock battery. Now Im unable to reset the time. I figured I'd stuffed something on the clock module, so I bought another one today, same issue. I just get Sun 1/1/0 and the time starting at midnight.
I've eliminated the breadboard, plonking the LCD straight on the Eleven and jumper wires from clock on to the board
Any thoughts

Chris

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Unable to set RTC now

Post by andrew » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 am

Process of elimination. Just connect the RTC to the Eleven and try one of the demo sketches from the RTC quick start guide that display the time to the serial monitor, and let us know how that goes.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 am

Sorry to waste your time again John. Turns out I was changing the time in the the wrong sketch. :roll:
All good

Chris

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 am

Chris wrote:Sorry to waste your time again John. Turns out I was changing the time in the the wrong sketch. :roll:
All good

Chris
No worries, have fun :)