RGB Module

Our range of tiny modules are designed to make it easy for you to quickly add functionality to your projects. [Module List]
ancienthart
Re: RGB Module

Post by ancienthart » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:12 am

Hi guys. In your tutorial you state that any 2 pins can be used for the RGB module's SPI.
Is there any reason why the default arduino SPI pins D10-D13 aren't used?
If not, which pins would I use for CLK and SDI?

ancienthart

Post by ancienthart » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks for that. I want to use the interrupt pins for something else.

Another issue I've encountered, are that the module worked fine with the example code when I connected it to the arduino using hookup wire (Red, green, blue, white). But when I used 1m of shielded 6-wire cable, for some reason the colours come out red, yellow, cyan, white/blue.

I have the 6-wire cable's internal and external shields connected to arduino ground, but I'm thinking that there is some crosstalk going on between the clk and signal lines. If I adjust the code so that the transmitted colours are red, black, black, white, I can clearly see all three LEDs in the module glowing dimly.

I only have an analog oscilloscope - any suggestions on how I can check/fix this issue?

csconsulting

Post by csconsulting » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 am

It could also be cross talk, as the signals run at a fairly high frequency.
You can try terminating both lines into 50 ohm resistors, that may help with the crosstalk and interference.